Teacher: Dr. Zinaida Manžuch
Evaluation: cumulative score
Teaching language: English
The aim of this course is to equip students with knowledge and abilities to plan, conduct and analyze findings of communication researches. The course will support students in conducting practical explorations of various communication issues and nourish critical thinking.
General competences to be developed:
- Ability to undertake research at an appropriate level, actively search for, process and critically evaluate information from a variety of sources.
- Ability to work individually and in a team.
- Ability to creatively apply acquired knowledge in practical situations and make reasonable decisions to resolve problems.
- Appreciation of a multicultural environment and cultural diversity.
- Ability to communicate in written and oral form in a foreign language.
- Ability to for independent learning to follow new developments and update relevant skills and knowledge.
Subject-specific competences to be developed:
- Ability to formulate communication research questions and ground their relevancy by research literature review.
- Ability to make informed choices of qualitative and quantitative methods to seek answers to research questions.
- Ability to apply communication theories and concepts for developing designs of empirical researches.
- Ability to consistently apply popular social research methods (surveys, interviews and content analysis) to solve communication research questions.
- Dėstytojas: Zinaida Manžuch